Sunday, April 29, 2018
On Repetition and Unglamorous Teaching
During my student teaching, I changed my mind in teaching. It is different with what I think in the special education classroom. I have many stories can be taught to explain what I think in teaching. This is the first time I teach a student with autism. Before I came to the classroom, I thought a child with autism may be quiet and have own room in her or his mind so nobody can touch it. I remember the first time I met with J. She looked at another place and did not want to talk. From that time I knew it is important to get J's attention so that I can help her to learn. She hit me in the first week, but my mentor teacher said that meant she likes me. It is not correct so teachers need to tell her how to say sorry and stop. In the rest of my student teaching, I was patient and did some research about a child with autism. I want to help her to grow and to learn. It is my special experience in my student teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment