It is so great to have another class with you! I know we have been in a few other classes together, but I am glad we are able to get to know each other a little bit more in this class. I am so glad we have had the opportunity to work together as future educators.
It seems pretty neat that you were also taught American History while practicing English. I also think it is really cool that the learning center provided four different classes (listening, writing, reading, and speaking). It is good to hear that taking that class made you more comfortable when it comes to speaking English. It might be because it is foreign as I am not fluent in it, but it seems that learning Mandarin is very rigorous and difficult!
I definitely agree with your teaching philosophy. Teaching a second/foreign language using immersion is a really great way to help students not only learn quicker, but also learn it rather than simply memorize it for the sake of a grade.
Thank you so much to watching my video. I am so glad to have class with you again. At LCC, it gave me a different view of learning English. It helps me to think in English when I speak. I never thought I could communicate with others in English. I want to thank you for always helping me when we study together.
Hello Wei! I love to hear that your parents were able to influence you to want to be an educator, I just have to wonder what has inspired you to want to work with Special Education? I also plan to work with the Special Education community and it is something that I have a great passion for. Similar to the way you support integrative classrooms with children who speak mandarin, I also support integrative schools for children with disabilities, that is where my greatest interest is in.
Thank you for watching my video. The reason why I want to work with special education is that I had a chance to volunteer in The Rise School of Houston that provides the highest quality of early education services to children with and without disabilities. They provide intervention and therapy to students. I found I want to learn more about professional special education knowledge to help and care about children with disabilities.
Hello Wei! I admire so much your bravery for moving to this country not having your parents by your side and educating yourself here at the University of Houston! I can only imagine how challenging it must have been to learn English when your native tongue is a language completely different than your primary language!
Hi, Escobar! Thank you for understanding me. It is a challenge for me to study abroad! Especially for special education major, I always need to cheer myself to learn more. However, it is a good experience in my life. In the future, I may be proud of myself because I did it.
I really liked your video! I think we share the same hobby of finding and trying delicious foods from different countries, Houston is a good place for that.
I think it's okay if you're not good at speaking English, it's one of the hardest languages to learn in my opinion. I am happy to hear that you're more comfortable in speaking English though, but I can appreciate your Mandarin as well. I am very interested in learning Mandarin for myself since I plan to travel to China one day. I am interested in learning about your plans after graduation. I'm always curious to know if international students prefer to stay in the United States or to return home after gaining education here in America. The challenges you have faced in learning English as your second language here in the US must have been difficult, but it seems to have made you a little stronger. I hope that you continue your path and achieve your goals.
Hi Wei! Thank you for sharing with us your journey! I find it amazing how you were able to move to a different country on your own. It must have been a challenging step for you to not only learn English but also learn a whole new culture. I like your determination to fulfill your dream and taking this chance as a rewarding opportunities even if it’s tough. I would like to wish you the best in everything you do!
Hello, Wei!
ReplyDeleteIt is so great to have another class with you! I know we have been in a few other classes together, but I am glad we are able to get to know each other a little bit more in this class. I am so glad we have had the opportunity to work together as future educators.
It seems pretty neat that you were also taught American History while practicing English. I also think it is really cool that the learning center provided four different classes (listening, writing, reading, and speaking). It is good to hear that taking that class made you more comfortable when it comes to speaking English. It might be because it is foreign as I am not fluent in it, but it seems that learning Mandarin is very rigorous and difficult!
I definitely agree with your teaching philosophy. Teaching a second/foreign language using immersion is a really great way to help students not only learn quicker, but also learn it rather than simply memorize it for the sake of a grade.
Thank you so much to watching my video. I am so glad to have class with you again. At LCC, it gave me a different view of learning English. It helps me to think in English when I speak. I never thought I could communicate with others in English. I want to thank you for always helping me when we study together.
DeleteHello Wei! I love to hear that your parents were able to influence you to want to be an educator, I just have to wonder what has inspired you to want to work with Special Education? I also plan to work with the Special Education community and it is something that I have a great passion for. Similar to the way you support integrative classrooms with children who speak mandarin, I also support integrative schools for children with disabilities, that is where my greatest interest is in.
ReplyDeleteThank you for watching my video. The reason why I want to work with special education is that I had a chance to volunteer in The Rise School of Houston that provides the highest quality of early education services to children with and without disabilities. They provide intervention and therapy to students. I found I want to learn more about professional special education knowledge to help and care about children with disabilities.
DeleteHello Wei! I admire so much your bravery for moving to this country not having your parents by your side and educating yourself here at the University of Houston! I can only imagine how challenging it must have been to learn English when your native tongue is a language completely different than your primary language!
ReplyDeleteHi, Escobar! Thank you for understanding me. It is a challenge for me to study abroad! Especially for special education major, I always need to cheer myself to learn more. However, it is a good experience in my life. In the future, I may be proud of myself because I did it.
DeleteHey Wei,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your video! I think we share the same hobby of finding and trying delicious foods from different countries, Houston is a good place for that.
I think it's okay if you're not good at speaking English, it's one of the hardest languages to learn in my opinion. I am happy to hear that you're more comfortable in speaking English though, but I can appreciate your Mandarin as well. I am very interested in learning Mandarin for myself since I plan to travel to China one day. I am interested in learning about your plans after graduation. I'm always curious to know if international students prefer to stay in the United States or to return home after gaining education here in America. The challenges you have faced in learning English as your second language here in the US must have been difficult, but it seems to have made you a little stronger. I hope that you continue your path and achieve your goals.
Hi Wei!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us your journey! I find it amazing how you were able to move to a different country on your own. It must have been a challenging step for you to not only learn English but also learn a whole new culture. I like your determination to fulfill your dream and taking this chance as a rewarding opportunities even if it’s tough. I would like to wish you the best in everything you do!